Friday 21 May 2010
Scrap Room Makeover

Last month I posted the before pics of my scrapping space. Well, it's time to show you some progress. While this is not The Grand Unveiling, it is some of the things that have influenced my decisions on this journey.

Might I say, I was inspired by these:



The teal colour, the haphazard numbers, the white...


The doodled birdie ...


The colour scheme of red, teal and white (and a dash of pink?) ...




(Lynne Marie's Matilda kit) and all that whimsey without clutter ...

My object was to declutter, air-ise and lighten up so I enjoyed working in here. Or even just being in here. And it worked.

First up, a new lick o' paint.
It's Dulux's Half Seafoam.


My favourite things to look across the room and see are:

My wooden initial. Can't explain why.
Unfortunately, when I was drilling the shelves, I dropped the monogram and it broke. Talk about heart-broken! Will have to trek to Bed, Bath n' Table to get another, if they still have them. Either that, or invest in some more super glue.

My white words: inspire, create, laugh. These words make me happy and make me willing to share my joy thru scrapping.



My new shelves. Cheap as chips, painted gloss white during a wonderful late-night session with my 5-year-old (who helped tremendously). Still need to touch up metal parts with seafoam paint.

I picked up the fake foliage at Target. Love homewares at Target. The shelves will be used for quick-grab stuff, like my cameras and camcorder and iPod etc. Stuff that needs to be out of reach of 2yo fingers but easy to grab in a hurry.


To be Continued ....








  






0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
;